Wednesday, July 11, 2007

How to remove the InstantBuzz toolbar

In desperately trying to get visitors I installed the InstantBuzz Toolbar (stupid me?). I read about how many have had trouble uninstalling/removing the toolbar. Here's a simple instruction on how to do it.

1. Don't follow the instructions by InstantBuzz. They don't usually work.

2. If you have installed the toolbar in Firefox, remove it now: Click Tools - Add-ons and Uninstall it. This requires you to restart Firefox.

3. Disable the toolbar in Internet Explorer. The method will depend on your IE version. I have an old version, so I can't really help with the new ones. Post a comment if you know how to do it in the newest version, or if you want to know how to do it.

4. Remove it from Control Panel - Add/Remove programs. This will require a computer restart, after which the program is completely removed.

5. Check your computer with AdAware, or other spyware remover. I didn't have anything on my computer after following these instructions, but some have had.

0 comments: